|Study location||United States, Virtual|
|Nominal duration||Full-Time, 2 years|
|Tuition fee||$3,750 per semester|
|Application fee||$0 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry requirements of the MBA program include documentation of completion of an undergraduate program. Applicants must also be at least 18 years old.
To apply for admission to the MBA program, the prospective student must submit the following items:
Note: Demonstration of significant managerial experience may be substituted for completion of a degree. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Transcripts submitted in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Transcripts for comparable school level courses completed in a country other than the United States must first be evaluated by an outside credential evaluation company before submission. ABS accepts foreign credential evaluations from any current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) with a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA) included. Visit the NACES website (www.naces.org) for a list of current members.
Official transcripts of coursework from colleges, universities, and post-secondary schools previously attended are required. Such official transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to ABS in a sealed envelope.
Unofficial transcripts may initially be submitted for review and consideration during the application process (to expedite the review process), but approved students will ultimately need to have official transcripts sent directly to ABS by the degree-granting institution before the end of the first semester.
The primary objective of the MBA program is to create managers and leaders competent in strategic thinking, operational excellence, people management and self-development while also understanding the key components of sales, marketing, accounting, finance, HRM and organizational behavior.
The Master of Business Administration program provides future managers and leaders knowledge and competence in the following key areas of business: management and leadership, organizational behavior, business ethics, human resources management, international business, project management, business strategy, career planning and personal development.
It also develops marketing and sales skills, including: principles of marketing, marketing planning, digital marketing, international marketing, selling skills and sales management.
Later in the program, students learn about the fields of finance and economics, including the principles of finance, financial accounting, and managerial accounting, as well as microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Finally, students learn about creating new businesses, entrepreneurship, launching new ventures, innovation management, and pitching and negotiation skills.
Upon completion of the program a graduate will be able to:
• Understand general management functions of planning, staffing, organizing, controlling, financing, leading and utilizing resources for organizational success.Utilize the tools and methodologies needed to solve marketing problems, including developing marketing plans and the use of various marketing strategies.
• Understand economic theory and managerial issues at micro level, directed at consumer and firm behavior.
• Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment.
• Understand concepts of accounting, financial accounting, accounting cycle and its significance to business.
• Master the different theories, approaches, and practices of leadership.
• Analyze complex and dynamic business situations, keeping in mind the ethical and social responsibility issues and come out with and feasible solutions.
• Formulate and implement business strategy and assess industry attractiveness and the competitive environment.
• Master the different HR functions, including, job analysis, recruitment, selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations and legal issues.
• Understand concepts, theories and practices of the behavioral sciences as applicable to business management as well as the challenges of managing people in organizational set-up and how to bring out the best from people.
• Use the latest theories, concepts and practices on launching a new venture and in developing a business plan as well as to understand the issues, challenges and opportunities associated with pursuing new startup ventures.
The Master of Business Administration degree requires the completion of at least 60 semester units of graduate work, 36 of which must be taken at ABS. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) or better.
The MBA program is typically a two-year program that requires the completion of at least 60 semester units of graduate work, of which 36 semester units must be taken at ABS. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) or better.
The curriculum at Atlantic Business School is designed to provide the knowledge and experience needed to succeed in international business. During the beginning of the program, students develop a strong foundation in diverse areas of business and management, such as marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, human resource management and organizational behavior. Students also learn how these are integrated within the wider business environment. Later, students expand on these competencies and develop your theoretical and practical knowledge in the core fields, while simultaneously advancing individual and group skills.
The Atlantic Business School’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program equips future leaders with broad knowledge of advanced business skills and concepts. Utilizing a convenient online learning format and a vibrant international learning community, students demonstrate competence in: strategic thinking, operational excellence, people management, and self-development.
Earning an MBA degree from the Atlantic Business School offers many advantages:
• Multiple Career Paths – Graduates are equipped to confidently seek and secure opportunities within several functional areas of business such as: consulting, finance, consumer goods, technology, and health care. Their broad knowledge base also allows them to more flexibly shift from one industry and skill area to another, thus providing increased employment prospects and future professional opportunities within the private sector, government, and/or non-profit organizations.
• Improved Leadership Skills – MBA graduates leverage advanced program-acquired leadership and management skills to increase their probability of securing positions at a Senior Management level.
• Paths to Entrepreneurship – Skills attained from the MBA program assist graduates with the process of starting their own businesses. Units of study in Entrepreneurship as well as a broad analysis of business operating functions across organizations provide essential start-up knowledge for those wishing to strike out on their own.