|Study location||United States, Virtual|
|Nominal duration||Full-Time, 4 years|
|Awards||BA (Bachelor of Arts)|
|Tuition fee||$3,750 per semester|
|Application fee||$0 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry requirements of the ABS Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business and Management program include the prior successful completion of a high school program.
Applicants must also be at least 18 years of age.
To apply for admission to the undergraduate program, the prospective student must submit the following items:
1) a completed application form
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Transcripts submitted in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Transcripts for comparable school level courses completed in a country other than the United States must first be evaluated by an outside credential evaluation company before submission. ABS accepts foreign credential evaluations from any current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) with a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA) included. Visit the NACES website (www.naces.org) for a list of current members.
Applicants must submit evidence of successful completion of a high school program (diploma or other).
High School Students currently completing their high school programs may submit current transcripts for initial review and conditional acceptance (to be finalized upon the student’s submitted documentation of successful completion of the high school program).
Official transcripts for coursework completed at other colleges, universities and post-secondary schools previously attended are required. Such official transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to ABS in a sealed envelope.
A primary objective of the program is to ensure that graduate understands the functional components of business: economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, and management.
The Bachelor of Arts in Business and Management program is intended to provide students the basics of prevailing business functions and management principles as well as contemporary information technology when applied in an actual business environment. This major provides general knowledge in business from both the theoretical and practical perspectives. Students will learn the important skills effective managers need to survive and succeed in today’s marketplace.
The Bachelor of Arts in Business and Management program is designed for students that seek a high level of knowledge from a broad base of business concepts to create solutions to contemporary business problems. Students will acquire the skills needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting, and finance concepts to develop strategies to improve short, medium, and long-term organizational performance.
Upon completion of the program a graduate will be able to:
• Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment
• Select and apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methodologies to analyze problems in a business context.
• Utilize the tools and methodologies needed to solve marketing problems, including developing marketing plans and the use of various marketing strategies.
• Identify and analyze the pertinent concepts and theories of law, ethical issues that arise, and the principles of legal reasoning.
• Develop creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems.
• Develop leadership and organizational skills, working in teams toward common objectives.
• Apply a variety of communication methods that are used in the business world in order to articulate and resolve business problems.
• Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify problems and to develop problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the strategic management process and an ability to assess industry attractiveness and the competitive environment.
• Explain how effective leaders use their interpersonal skills to promote change, communicate vision, provide a sense of direction, and inspire employees.
• Successfully utilize the tools and techniques of managerial accounting to make decisions about both day-to-day operations and long-term tactics and strategies.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) semester credits with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00 or a C or better is required to graduate.
The BA in Business Management degree typically takes 4 years to complete (8 semesters), with a required total of 120 credits.
Program graduates are well-prepared to seek employment and professional opportunities within the private sector, government, and/or non-profit organizations. Some may even manage their own businesses!
A bachelor degree in business helps graduates meet requirements for roles such as: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Sales Trainee, Accountant, Account Manager, Human Recourses Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales Support, Sales Representative.